Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blackberry e-mails problems

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Just checked my in-box and had following notification. Please advise if we have a conflict problem with messages sent via blackberry:

-----Original Message-----
Date: 14 Feb 2006 14:01:32
To: edited out email for safty
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

The following message to < edited out email for safty> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-"delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.ca account ( edited out email for safty) [-5] - mta303.mail.mud.yahoo.com"

My yahoo account is still viable.

Waynf

Advertisements

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Just curios. When I operated Windows 98SE, Yahoo services such as "mail" had to be installed, but I notice on Windows XP, that icons already appear across the top of page such as Search,Favorites,Mail, Print, Word, Yahoo and Messenger Icon. Am I to understan that Mail and Yahoo are part of the system already?

Also could the reason for this mail delivery failure be due to Firewall?

Waynf

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It is not part of the system by default....as for the original error, does the error repeat. It could have been nothing more than a server being temporarily down

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
The original problem began whilst using my earlier username([email protected] my profile with GTG) So I called a computer friend and he advised me to try using a new username so I set up as [email protected]. Message returned again to sender. So I tried again yesterday by setting up a new user name "[email protected](my wife's name) however I haven't heard any feedback.

Also I wondering if I'm missing any files because when I try to klik on Yahoo Services I receive a messge that Internet Explorer cannot make connection.