Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing files

• Please log in to reply

Tools

Tools

• Pip
  • 7 posts
XP Pro,ie6, Have Adobe Photoshop Starter 3.0, I have 300+ photos from my digital camera in it,up til yesterday i could click on any pic and Email it,print it or anything else,then there was an Adobe update to 7.0 which I downloaded and installed.Now when I ckick on any pic I get the message-Locating missing files,wait or browse-no matter if i wait or browse it doesnt find the missing files, yet the pics are right there,only I cant do anything with them now, so i downloaded 10 more pics into it and I can do anything I want with these BUT not the other ones,Dont know what happened but it seems the pics are no where on the computer except in Adobe Photoshop,there there but cant do nuthin with them now,I do need help.Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try system restore

Try searching for an image, include hidden and system files just in case, try right clicking it, click properties to change the programme it opens with

Irfanview with the plug ins will open images

http://www.irfanview.com

Tools

Tools

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Try system restore

Try searching for an image, include hidden and system files just in case, try right clicking it, click properties to change the programme it opens with

Irfanview with the plug ins will open images

http://www.irfanview.com

Tried everything you said but nothing works,im afraid i lost them.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Uninstall Acrobat 7 reader and reboot. Reinstall the version you had and see if your pics are okay.

Johanna