Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Music Organization

• Please log in to reply

aerostarlegacy

aerostarlegacy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I was just wondering if there was a program that changes the ID3 (artist info, genre and all that) tags directly?
thanks,
aerodude

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello!

Have you tried ID3 Renamer it's freeware and can be downloaded from most download sites.

aerostarlegacy

aerostarlegacy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thanks, I'll try to use that one.

aerostarlegacy

aerostarlegacy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I like that one. I've used it to rename about 1500 songs.
Much thanks.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Glad I could help!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I usually use winamp for eerything as it can pick up the info from file names or from the net and it can edit the tags, its pretty sweet and the best player around, apparently it can load onto ipods and creative mp3 players now.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

apparently it can load onto ipods and creative mp3 players now.

If that's true then i'll download the latest version, anything to get rid of Creative MediaSource.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts

New! Portable Device Sync - Supports iPod®, PlaysForSure®, and Creative® Devices

Thankfully they have it as a feature on both pro and free versions so people can start leaving itunes and creative and start using something that works(although the creative one is a half decent stand alone media player in itself its good with VCDs and DVDs especailly), i just wish they would put Atrac3 plus support and support for the NWA series walkmans then i really would be happy as i have to use Connect for my mp3 player which sucks(its the only bad thing about it as my mp3 player is beautiful piece of electronics mastery).