Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DSO Exploit

• Please log in to reply

ricangeek

ricangeek

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
If anybody from staff can tell me what DSO Exploit is and can it be removed or should it be removed
I' do not use SP2...

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi ricangeek...

If you use Spybot Search and Destroy or another spyware removal tool, it may find an item called DSO Exploit. This exploit is a bug in Internet Explorer that under certain circumstances would allow untrusted software to run on the computer. In other words, its a hole in Internet Explorer that hackers could use to gain access to your system.

However, if you are running the latest version of Internet Explorer and have all your Windows Updates installed, the bug has been patched and is not a threat to your computer system. Even though Spybot may still show it as a threat.

Have a look HERE for more information.

wannabe1

ricangeek

ricangeek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
¡Gracias!, Thanks! I'm fast becoming an expert...JEJE, thanks to you guys...well I' just downloaded
IE7 BETA and I guess I' don't have to worry about DSO anymore I now know what it is and how to remove
it and you people are fast too, so thanks again ...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You're Welcome, ricangeek... :tazz:

You hang around this site much and you're bound to learn a bunch! I learn new stuff everyday... :)

wannabe1