Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot connect ton DSL with modem/router

• Please log in to reply

joe1167

joe1167

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,
I'm writing today about a problem that happened today. It may be nothing or something.... I just don't know. To recap; I am running Windows XP and have Verizon DSL with a Westell VersaLink 327 Gateway modem/router. This is the "main" wired desktop PC. I also have a laptop wirelessly connected to this forming a small network. Today, I attempted to go online at the wired PC and couldn't connect. The router/modem should have 5 lights lit but the last one "internet" does not come on. I tried from the laptop with the same results. The phone lines and computers are fine. So it seems the issue resides at the Gateway modem/router. I tried shutting the router/modem down at the switch in the back and also tried by hitting the "reset" buton in the back with no luck. I did not try to get onto the internet by dialing up but I assume that it wouldn't be a problem. I didn't call Verizon because I had to get to work (which is where I'm writing from now) and that sometimes takes a lots of time. If I have to I will call them tomorrow morning. Any ideas of what I can do to address this issue?
Thanks very much,
-Joe

Advertisements

the_gh0st

the_gh0st

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Make sure that your Ethernet cables and card are working. If you can connect with USB or wireless on the desktop, do so. If nothing works, I suggest uninstalling the gateway's software and then reinstalling it.