Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to go directly to an article

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
I have a question, when you have a website, how do you make it go to the article you want? like for example This. Do you just add the asp or what?

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I assume you are talking about clicking on a link and taking you to another part of the same page?

You use anchor tags and name atributes, then link to them just as you would another page/site. It's really easy to do.

For example:

First you'll need to name the anchor somewhere in the document, ie:

<a name="top">Here is the top</a>

Then this is how you would link to that section:

<a href="#top">To Top</a>

So when they click "To Top", it jumps them back up to where the <a name="top"> is.

Make sense?

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
welll, not really sorry can you try to rephrase it maybe or use an example? Well I was just talking about a link not in making a webpage. Is that possible? Like If I have an article I want someone to see which has many articles in one page(This page is not mine) Can I make the page go directly there? I don't know if that helped but that is what I am trying to ask.

EXP: Webpage

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Could I have the page go directly to article 3? Even though I did not create the page?

Edited by MkLoe, 16 February 2006 - 04:57 PM.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Only if that website has anchors set at the article. Like the one you linked to in your first post:

http://www.aladdin.c...lossary.asp#P2P

You just use that whole link and it goes right to it, but if they don't have named anchors (generally you can tell they have the anchors when there is a "#something" in the URL) otherwise no, not that I'm aware of.

<a href="http://www.aladdin.c...2P">Article</a>