Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXPLORER DELAY! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Tremortime

Tremortime

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
This is the second time I am posting this in hopes that someone might know anything about this.

Anyone know what might cause explorer windows (like opening my computer) to take about 10 seconds to open up after clicking the my computer icon (or however you are opening a window)? This is new, and does not seem to correspond with software changes. Once you have an explorer window open, browsing within that particular explorer window (i.e. clicking on the c: drive) works instantly, as expected. However if you close the explorer window, or open a new one, it takes 10 seconds to open. Any ideas? Thanks.

(P.S. To avoid any confusion, I am not referring to internet explorer in any way.)
(P.P.S. I am malware free as far as TrendMicro, SpySweeper, Adaware, and Spybot are concerned.)
[font=Book Antiqua]

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Never, ever, ever respond to your own posts....and especially don't respond to your own responses

when we go searching for topics, we search for topics with no or 1 reply--you greatly decrease your chance of getting a response when a post has several replies, because we think that

a) you asked a question
b) we gave an answer
c) you said thank you

Instead, you
a) asked
b) asked again
c) asked again

Anyway,

start > run
services.msc
<enter>

scroll down the list on the right and look for Window Image Acquistion