Well I just installed a brand new motherboard and CPU for my mother. There is one problem the monitor stays in standby mode. I have made sure of the following,
1) Cables are plugged in (power cables on motherboard, into monitor, into motherboard)
2) I have tried plugging it into the ATI Radeon 256MB video card, and onto the onboard video
3) I have tried taking out ram, HD, and all other components while attaching the monitor to the onboard video.
4) I have read over the manual and everything is plugged in correctly.
5) BIO has not been altered because of the fact that I cannot see them.
6) I have tried another monitor
7) I tried clearin CMOS
My other questions that may lead to the problem-
How many cords are normally plugged into the HD?- Will prelimenary startup comeup where RAM loads if HD is not plugged in?