Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need a web host so i can upload pics..

• Please log in to reply

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hey, I have just started to learn how to write a website on notepad. I am just fiddling around with different things, to get a good grasp on the idea. In a guide i was going through it talks about putting pics on the website, by which you have to upload the image file to the webhost for it to display (I might be wrong but this is how i interpreted it) Anyway to the point, I was wondering if anyone new a good site where i could get those pics on so i could put them on a page. I dont want to pay for anything yet, because i cant make a good enough page to be worth it. Thanks for your time and help :tazz:

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
PhotoBucket is a good one. Also try ImageShack

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thanks, i found geocities, and it seems to work for what i need, but i havent got that far yet, thanks again.

RossSA

RossSA

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi buknekkid407

I have also just been messing around with a bit of HTML in notepad to try and learn something new (I am in sales working with web developers, so don't want to look to stoopid in front of them). I found a sw called Dreamweaver which you can check your HTML code that you are writing and also do what you want normally which then converts it into the right code format. Not sure how much it costs cos it was on my PC at work when I started here. But might be helpful if you are learning like me.

Cheers and good luck, Ross :tazz:

ricangeek

ricangeek

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
¡Hola! Just so you know the best place to learn HTML is my opinion is HTMLgoodies.com...Gluck.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
ok i really don't recommend dreamweaver, especially for starters. it costs 400$. use notepad, and save the files as .html so step-by-step u see how every bit of code u put in affects the look of the webpage. if u want to really learn html well, go to http://www.w3schools.com/

Edited by TaNkZ101, 16 February 2006 - 06:41 AM.

RossSA

RossSA

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
WOW!! Sorry didn't realise Dreamweaver cost that much.

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
bluefish is free and very nice, for linux only though, but you can use cygwin to run it on windows.

http://bluefish.open...e.nl/index.html

highly recommend

ricangeek

ricangeek

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i've been trying to use photobucket and imageshack and so far imageshack has not been cooperating
just everybody knows...

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
y can't u host ur images where ur website is hosted?

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
We do not recommend that type of thing here.

buknekkid407

buknekkid407

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Those guides are really helpful, but disheartining... lol. I found out that everything i learned about text formatting and stuff is obsolete. They are changing to style sheets, but at least i dint get too far. Tanks again for the guides :tazz:

the_gh0st

the_gh0st

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
If you don't want to bother leaning HTML...

Posted Image

Edited by the_gh0st, 17 February 2006 - 12:35 AM.