Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Pop-Up Blocker

• Please log in to reply

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I noticed I don't have a pop-up blocker on my computer, and I really need one so I was wondering which Pop-Up blocker is the most useful and effective, and comes without spyware?

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Ditch IE and use FireFox.

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Ditch IE and use FireFox.

No thank you. I hate Firefox.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
you have windows xp. if you have sp2 installed, there's a pop up blocker integrated into IE. just go look around in options. I don't use IE anymore if I can help it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
enable the one that comes with IE. Also i believe googles toolbar also has one. However are you experiencing many pop-ups right now?
thanx
James

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
google toolbar hasn't failed me yet for popup blocking....

Burton1

Burton1

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

google toolbar hasn't failed me yet for popup blocking....

Its amazing. I don't know if you know but you can get it on firefox now :tazz:. It comes with bunch of other search engines too. I got mine off Download.com or the firefox extension, page.

juber0

juber0

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I agree with dsenette, I use google toolbar, also SBC Yahoo! tool bar (Comes with the installation) and the built in IE popup blocker. They still havent failed me, havent had a single popup at all...

Dillan

Dillan

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I heard the google toolbar has a really good pop-up blocker but I've joined the bandwagon with Firefox and it hasnt failed me yet.