Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi

I have a Radeon x800gt viceo card and I can't get Battlefield 2 to work. i previosly hada Radeo 300 and it worked but due to a motherboard problem I re-installed software and put in an updated driver.

I have installed the drivers, updated the patch but can't get it work. Reduced resolution

Any ideas?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
What do you mean you can't get it to worked reduced resolution?

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Change the screen resolution to 800 x 400 and it still doesn't work

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Its your video card. I had the same problem when I was trying to get BF2 demo to load with my Geforce 3. You NEED to get a pretty good card to run it. I picked up a nice 256 mb card for about $140. That was a overclocked card so it was a little bit more money, but I can run BF2 at the "high" pre-set. Also there was another force ware patch I had to get before my frame rate was correct. This patch is for the video card, not the game.
-Pete.

John Cutler

John Cutler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
The game was running fine with a Radeon 300 then I had to do a full system restore which meant I had to re-install the game.

I also installed a Radeon x300GT.

Where do you get this patch for the video card?

My specs are attached

Attached Files