Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Filename import into excel

• Please log in to reply

RossSA

RossSA

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,

A client has given me a spreadsheet with filenames descriptions etc. She has also loaded all the corresponding images into an FTP folder that we provided. She has in the spreadsheet added her own bits to the filenames compared to those that are actually in the FTP folder i.e. filename in folder is trainer.jpg, her spreadsheet entry reads Nike airmax trainer.jpg

Is there someway I can open the FTP folder copy the files and then import all the filenames into an excel column? There are 175 files that need to done.

Please help, don't have time to waste typing each one out.

Thank you :tazz:

Ross

Edited by RossSA, 16 February 2006 - 07:32 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you access the ftp site through I.E....with folder view...you should be able to just highlight the names and copy and paste them...

RossSA

RossSA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi dsenette,

Thanks for responding. I just need to copy the names and their extensions and popoulate an excel spreadsheet. Not copy and paste the file.

Thanks,
Ross

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right...that's what i mean...when it shows up in explorer...you will see a list of file names...if you highllight these...all you're highlighting is the text on the page...not the files