Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lots of Problems

• Please log in to reply

Krystal.S

Krystal.S

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help with my laptop! I have this back previous button that pops up under my mouse. Now my computer is starting up with a blck screen behind a small windows box. I ran all kinds of virus scans adware scans. bUt nothing is working now i can not get on to the internet it tries to load then is says the server is not found. I know I have internet service because my desktop which is on the same router works. I am frustrated and just need some help.

Ok the problem is a popup that appears under my mouse it is two boxes next to each other one box says back and the other says previous. It pops up sometimes and drives the pointer crazy. The point of it is to make me click on it and keep sending me to the back page or previous page (same thing). When i restore or do a virus/spyware check all is good for a hour or two then it gradually comes back.

Oh I ran spybot, norton,spysubtract and i am currently using eztrust armor. None of them are permanently fixing the problem.

Edited by Krystal.S, 16 February 2006 - 04:08 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geekstogo,
Please go to the malware forum at http://www.geekstogo...hp?showforum=37

however before posting please read this
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

thanx
James

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Could you try describing the problem more in-depth? James, I'm not saying you are wrong, but this might not be a virus problem.

Just to be safe, what virus scanner didi you use?

FKG

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
np, if you can think of something that i can't all the better and maybe i'll learn something new if its not malware related.
thanx
James