Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 error

• Please log in to reply

gomer23

gomer23

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Recently I have been getting this error when I try to play any videos "error C00D11D1 - there maybe a problem with your sound or video device"

A quick run down of my PC is a Compaq, Windows Media Center Edition, AMD 3500+, 1gig ram, 250gig hard drive, Creative Sound Blaster Live! card, Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 6600GT video card. I have the recent updates for Windows, the sound and video cards. I dont know what else to do. I have all the codecs I should need. MP3s still work find but videos do not. I am not sure but this might have started after I got the Rollup 2 update, but I dont know. Anyone who has an idea of something to try let me know.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i've found one or two references to uninstalling/reinstalling wmp, your sound card and video card drivers..