Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Outloook 2000 Problem

• Please log in to reply

bckq

bckq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a user at my job who uses outlook 2000 as their primary email program. In the mail format, under options, she has "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" checked off... when she creates an email instead of her signature there it has in its place "Autotextlist \s "email signature". Now I know for a fact if you she unchecks as word as her option to edit email, it will dissapear but she INSISTS on using it.

If your wondering it's Word 2000 with SP1, install the latest SP will not solve the problem nor does reinstalling office. Upgrading to the lastest office is not an option either.

Plus when she receives email, instead of the attached file it shows something the coding which eludes me. can somebody help? :tazz:

Thanks,

Ben

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi bckq, Welcome to GTG !!

Try this :

Uncheck the "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages"
In the drop down box above that make sure HTML is there

Apply and OK
Try her Sig again or reenter it and try it.

Lether know that with that option to use Word checked word is Always running. I think its a performance hog.

Hope this helps !!