Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Middie042

Middie042

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
Is it possible to restrict use of IE to just a few, pre determined URLs? Have a workstation in a sales situation that I would prefer limited access to necessary sites, as opposed to totally blocking internet access. I do need to maintain peer to peer connectivity. XP home, dell system. Suggestions? Thank you.
JM

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geeks to go,
yes there is, do the following to do so.
open internet explorer then click tools->internet options->content->settings->under approved sites put what you like
then under general remove the check mark that say allow site without a rating. Make sure all the settings under ratins are at a minimal. This, should block everything and alow you to create a password so that no one can override what you do on it. Hope this helps.
thanx
James

edit: correct me if i'm wrong but this should work.

Edited by james_8970, 16 February 2006 - 09:37 PM.

Middie042

Middie042

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

hello and welcome to geeks to go,
yes there is, do the following to do so.
open internet explorer then click tools->internet options->content->settings->under approved sites put what you like
then under general remove the check mark that say allow site without a rating. Make sure all the settings under ratins are at a minimal. This, should block everything and alow you to create a password so that no one can override what you do on it. Hope this helps.
thanx
James

edit: correct me if i'm wrong but this should work.

Great James, thanks! I will try it out and if it doesn't work I will be sure to let you know via reply back here!
Cheers!!!!!!!!!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
cheers and good luck