Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Case fans

• Please log in to reply

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I ordered a Sonata II as my next case but i have a question. Should i install the optional ( 1 front 120mm fan, 1 92mm fan in the air duct to cool the CPU, 1 80mm fan for graphics cards) fans. Will it cool the system better?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Up to you.

Remember that the more fans you add to a case the more noise it generates, therefore find a trade-off between noise and temperature.

You'll probably find anyway that you don't need the fans at this time, until the weather warms up anyway. I have a 120mm fan in my case but it isn't plugged in to anything. When the summer comes, take the side off and plug in the fan if I think it'll help.

Do be advised though that essential fans are always needed - heatsink fans and fans already provided on graphics cards, for example.