Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Troubleshooting Help!

• Please log in to reply

zachary_hipp

zachary_hipp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I got HP ZD8000 Notebook.

Includes - Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
- Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We use Open Network Wireless Connection for Internet Connection at Business Place, setup through following hardware -

Zyxel Prestige 6000
3Com Office Connect Dual Speed 8
3Com Office Connect Cable/DSL Secure Gateway
3Com Access Points

And, Also provide Linksys WET11 Earthnet Adapter to use in computer for those who doesn't have wireless card of own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Problem -

In my ZD8000 buit in wireless card, I can not Get Wireless Network Detected. I tried upgrading all drivers and windows troubleshoot stuff but it's simply not detecting network. However, I saw my network detected couple of times, it just showed up one day for couple of seconds with full signal strength, I clicked connect but didn't connect and network disappear.

It find other networks which is not ours - it's someones open network and it can't connect to it either. but atleast it shows up, which kind of tells that network card is good.

I even tried connecting WET11 Earthnet Adapter but my LAN says network cable is disconnected! However, I tried hooking up it directly in 3com and it was connected.

My USB Wirless Adapter that I plug in ZD8000 Works perfect but built in card doesn't get that network. Now I don't know if there can be any capability issue, but I network is working since other computer works.

Any Idea?!

Advertisements

patrickbeard

patrickbeard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey one of my customers has the same hp notebook and wireless nic...she is having the same problem
and i havent been able to fix it. Im still working on a fix but would love some help.

Thanks,
Patrick