Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pentium 4

• Please log in to reply

T-Mania

T-Mania

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi to all,
I have a somewhat difficult question that has become an obsession and is beginning to become really frustrating. Recently, me and my friend updated a computer using the Asus motherboard P4B533. We then proceeded to put a Intel Celeron processor into it. Although we weren't sure if the processor would work, it turned out to be compatible. However, when we went to the system bios to overclock it, we were unable to get into the advanced tab without it locking up. Also, we found out that the motherboard wasn't completely reconizing it (i.e. thought it was a P4...). Thus we went to the Asus web site and donwloaded the latest bios (1.15) and proceeded to flash the bios. This worked fine and we were able to overclock it. Then came the problem. I decided that a Intel Celeron processor was junk so I bought a 2.4 P4. However, when we put this processor in, the computer did not boot up. The only thing that happened was a really annoying beeping sound. And that's were I am right now. My friend seems to think that I may be a voltage problem, however we cannot lower it enough. Then came the brilliant idea of downloading the older bios (1.07)(the one that came origanlly with it-because this motherboard is supposed to recognize P4..and we thought that the Celeron might have messed it up) and using that one. However, I can't find it anywhere on the net! Any ideas or thoughts would be great as to what I could do to fix this. Thank you a ton!
Peter
P.S. We also tried another P4 processor and it did the same thing. Thus it must a something with P4's

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
try one of these

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I am not real big with intel products but some general ideas.

did you clear the cmos after the last bios flash?

What is the pattern of the beep you are getting?

Here is a link to sort them out ( I think you have award bios)beep codes

Rick