Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firewall advice please

• Please log in to reply

grandpa

grandpa

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

Currently my computer is behind a D500 router, so I beleive my need for my current Zone Alarm Security Suite is a bit of an overkill ( let alone the time it takes to load on boot) Thought I would try and find a nice easy to use firewall. Free would be nice. I guess what i need is something that will monitor amongst other things any programmes trying to dial out. I am also running Ewido, Spybot, Adaware, Spyguard and Spyblaster.
Any thoughts on the firewall would be great.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well several of the good free firewalls have been bought out recently. however Kerio, now owned by sunbelt, still has a free version that should fit your needs. There is also tiny firewall that works well.

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

Thanks for that.

Grandpaj

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

If I use Kerio is it easy to uninstall without leaving "junk" behind, as ZA leaves quite a bit of "junk" behind.

Many thanks

Grandpa