Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.mov file trouble

• Please log in to reply

alaska

alaska

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
My son has created some digital home video's for me with his MAC computer (I have windows xp). I can't open these files. They are files like........ Christmas.mov I have several software programs installed on my computer and I have no trouble viewing digital home video's from my own Canon camera, but for some reason I cannot, for the life of me, open these .mov files. When I try, I get the following message "movie file "still 01" cannot be found, without this file, movie can't play properly. File previously found on "THINKER". I do not have a program called "THINKER" so I'm assuming it's something on my sons computer. These video's (which I watched on his MAC) have lots of fade in and fade out and sound track etc. Could that be the problem? Why can't I open these files? I have Windows Media Player, Real Player, Quick Time and IrfanView. I would appreciate any support. :tazz:

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

quicktime should open them? Try this:

www.apple.com/quicktime/download