Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Card Advice (Geforce 6200)

• Please log in to reply

KeithC2006

KeithC2006

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am going to buy 1 of these 2 cards, which one would all of you recommend?
http://www.newegg.co...TC-pr1c3grabb3r
and also
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130233

Which one do you think is better? They are basically the same price and same card, but one is 128 mb ram, other is 256 mb ram, but their clock speeds are different etc.

I haven't looked into computer hardware in a few years so if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I don't know how important the ram is versus other things.

Advertisements

KeithC2006

KeithC2006

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
If the links don't work, here is the specs from the site:
The obvious differences are the memory clock speed and the memory size. Which is more important? 128mb ram or 100mhz?

---------------------1----------------------------
Brand ASUS
Model N6200/TD/128
Chipset
GPU Geforce 6200
Core clock 350MHz
PixelPipelines 4
Memory
Memory Clock 500MHz
Memory Size 128MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Type DDR
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 1.5
Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Ports
D-SUB 1
DVI 1
TV-Out Composite Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536
SLI Supported No
Cooler Heatsink
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP
System Requirements One available AGP compliant slot
Installation software requires CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
VGA or DVI- 1 compatible monitor
Features
Features NVIDIA UltraShadow technology Enhances the performance of bleeding-edge games
NVIDIA CineFX 3.0 engine
Full support for Microsoft DirectX9.0 Shader model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects
NVIDIA Intellisample 3.0 technology
The industry's fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speed
NVIDIA nView multi-display technology
Provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors
Vertex Shaders 3.0
Pixel Shaders 3.0

---------------------2 (other card)----------------------------
Brand eVGA
Model 256-A8-N341-LX
Chipset
GPU Geforce 6200
Core clock 350MHz
Memory
Memory Clock 400MHz
Memory Size 256MB
Memory Interface 64-bit
Memory Type DDR
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 1.5
Interface
Interface AGP 4X/8X
Ports
D-SUB 1
DVI 1
TV-Out S-Video Out
VIVO No
General
Tuner None
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2048x1536@85Hz
SLI Supported No
Cooler Heatsink
Operating Systems Supported Windows 2000/XP
System Requirements Minimum of a 200 Watt power supply.
Features
Features CineFX 3.0 Engine
Powers the next generation of cinematic realism. Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture delivers faster and smoother gameplay.
UltraShadow II Technology
Enhances the performance of bleeding-edge games, like id Software’s Doom III, that feature complex scenes with multiple light sources and objects. 2nd-generation technology delivers more than 4x the shadow processing power over the previous generation.
Intellisample 3.0 Technology
The industry’s fastest antialiasing delivers ultra-realistic visuals, with no jagged edges, at lightning-fast speeds. Visual quality is taken to new heights through a new rotated grid sampling pattern.
Hardware MPEG-2 Encoder Hardware MPEG-2 Encoder

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
You have an APG right? Well in that case i think the 256Mb one, it can hold more memory and so doesn't have to go to the RAM for textures. 100MHz is quite a lot but it's all to do with latency and stuff. The higher the clock the faster data is transfered. But unless you're on the extreme buget i say put in a more money and get the 6600GT, that has been the value gfx card from the start of 2005 to the end. but a little increase over that and you get stuff like the X800GTO and 6800GS both of which pack a lot of grunt for the price they ask, especially the X800GTO. you can get AGP ones for a few dollars more. I wouldn't recommend anything below the 6600 which is getting old now. But i suggest waiting and doing one big upgrade because when Windows Vista comes, i doubt you're specs will meet so just wait until then before you get it or you're gfx card will be wasted