Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to execute VBScript

• Please log in to reply

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I have a VBScript that creates restore points in sys. restore. The first time I ran this script everything went as it was suppose to. After that, no .vbs would run.
I do have AnalogX "Script Defender", every time I open the .vbs file, Script Defender warns me of a .vbs file trying to execute. It gives me two options - to block the script or to allow the script to run. After I choose to allow script to run, nothing happens.
I've disabled Script Defender, tried to run the script, nothing happens.

This is the script:

Set SRP = getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore ")
CSRP = SRP.createrestorepoint ("Created a Restore Point now", 0, 100

Anyone have any ideas why this or any other .vbs will not run? :tazz:

Windows XP Home sp2 - Intel Pentiun III CPU 2.0GHz - Intel Graphics - AUSUS motherboard

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Alright, if I try to open any .vbs file, I get an "access denied" message.

Thought it may be due to my firewall, antivirus, antispyware, etc. not allowing .vbs to be opened. Unplugged my ethernet cable, disabled Kerio4 firewall, NOD32, Ewido, spywareguard, teatimer - still "access denied".

I have the administrator rights to my PC, no password. Maybe this helps pin down the problem.

baroon

baroon

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Can't really say. But may be system restore service gets disabled. Try to find out through services MMC. Can found services under Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services. Look for System Restore and check whether It's running or not.

Or

Try typing this in run dialog under start menu - "wscript.exe <vbscript file>"