Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 00D1

• Please log in to reply

disturbd17

disturbd17

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
My friend is having a problem with her computer. She got the BSOD and it restarts it and when she goes to log in again, she gets the screen again. We were able to uncheck the Automatically Restart in safe mode. That is as far as we can get. Her error code is 00D1. Can anyone help us please?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi disturbd17...

This is likely a driver issue. Had your friend installed any hardware or software just prior to this happening? If there is a USB device plugged into the machine, remove it and try to boot normally. If you are still unable to boot normally, try a System Restore from Safe Mode to a time before this began.

wannabe1

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
We tried to reset after all the USBs were unplugged and the same thing happened. I tried to do a system restore, but she has it shut off. Any clues from here?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What kind of computer does your friend have? Is it an OEM or a build. Does she have the installation CD?

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
She ordered her computer from dell online and she does not have the cd with her.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Without the CD, our options are pretty limited.

Have her boot into Safe Mode. Then click Start, then Run, type chkdsk /r (Note the space after chkdsk) and click "Ok". This will ask to run on bootup, so accept the prompt (type Y > Enter) to do so and restart. This will take a while, be patient...let the procedure complete.

Let me know how it goes...

wannabe1

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
It didn'tseem to do anything. After restart, the blue screen came up again.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Blue screen as in BSOD? Or just a blue screen? A plain blue screen would be normal...

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Bsod

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
ok well we got it to run finally, now we just have to wait for it to completely finish

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
:tazz: Let me know if it helps...

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
OK well now that that is all finished, we go to log in and the bsod comes up once again.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Boot into Safe Mode. Go to Device Manager and see if there are any yellow ? or ! next to any devices. Let me know what you find.

disturbd17

disturbd17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
when i go to run it in safe mode, a list of files appear and it getsstuck on one of the last ones and has been sitting there for quite some time. instead of safe mode, we started it in "last good configuration" it seems to be working now. is it fixed?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
didn't by chance remember the name of that file it stuck on did you?