Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

graphics anomaly

• Please log in to reply

icer

icer

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
hi

hope someone can help me with a problem i am having with my graphics.

card is intel 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv moniter is ilyama prolite e435s

the other day on startup display at first said " no signal" then what followed looked like someone had poured water on a painting and it had run.
it cleared and everthing was sort of ok although it seems too bright.

have been into settings for monitor and if i move settings away from 1280 x 1024 everthing goes blury

have run a test from ilyama and monitor seems ok

have adjusted hardware accelerator, no joy

any ideas? :tazz:

Advertisements

killfc

killfc

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
have you tried your monitor on a different system, if the monitor is ok on another computer then its the vga card failing (although I think your one might be onboard. You'll have to dig into your pockets im afraid to get a new vga card.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi icer...

Try reinstalling your video drivers from Device Manager. Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties". Click on the "Hardware" tab and then on the "Device Manager" button. Find your video card in the list (under Display Adaptors) and right click on it...choose "Properties". Under the "Driver" tab, click on the "Update Driver" button, then follow the prompts to have the Wizard search for a better driver. If you have the disk for this device, it would be ideal to point the Wizard to the driver on that.

wannabe1

icer

icer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
have downloaded driver from intel ran it but things are still the same.
is there a test that i can run on the graphics card?

assuming that it is on its way out what is my next choice,, i believe that it is intergrated.. the system is a dell dimension 2400.. is it possible to add a new graphics card or will the processer box become a plant stand?

look forward to hearing from you :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
It DOES sound as though the graphics card has headed south on you... :tazz:

There should be at least one available PCI slot on that machine and perhaps an AGP slot. SO...yes, you should be able to add a video card to the machine. Once you have a new one installed, you will want to disable the onboard video in Device Manager to avoud confusing the machine.

wannabe1