Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgraded to Radeon 9600XT, but problems

• Please log in to reply

DrChill

DrChill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello again friends,

I am having severe problems with the installation of an VisionTek ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP 8X card

I have a 9550 128MB AGP card installed, i uninstalled ALL the drivers (even DriverCleaner) and installed the new one, i noticed lines when it booted up, i go..'ok'..and install the drivers from the cd, same thing. Discolored Windows loading screen, BIOS/Boot info is garbled and typed in some sort of foreign language seems to be (but its not), i install the OMEGA drivers, no go. Change 8x to 4x, nothing, only problem i seem to have...

Power supply, the box says 300w recommended, the pc's is 300watt, but only max output, actual is 280w

Could that cause those problems? During games there is yellow blocks, discolorement, graphics everywhere.

Thanks

Specs:

AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0GHZ
1.0 GB (1024mb) ram
80GB WD HD
1 DVDRW Burner
XPHome

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The symptoms you describe could be from an inadequate PSU especially if its not a quality one if its a no brand generic its doubtful it will even output 280W its more likely to be lower than that. Its either a bad psu or a duff card, but psu sounds the most likely.

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
if you a CRT monitor make sure the speakers aren't too close to it, CRT's are know for that. When my friend say his montior all distorted, yellow and stuff, he blamsed the cat pissing on it, but it turned out his two speakers were simply too close and the magnets were affecting the CRT display