Prepare Your Computer
Before updating your computer's BIOS, enter the current BIOS Setup Utility, and then write down each of the current settings, in the event that this information is needed again after the upgrade.
Note: The following instructions may vary dependent upon the operating system currently loaded on the computer.
Copy the Files
1. After you have downloaded and double-clicked the BIOS update file (7513331.exe), the needed files self-extract and copy into the C:\Cabs\7513331 folder on the hard drive.
2. On your screen, double-click the My Computer icon. Alternatively, from the Start menu, click My Computer.
3. In the My Computer window, double-click the C: icon.
4. In the C:\ window, double-click the Cabs folder. If you do not see any files, click View the entire contents of the drive option.
5. In the C:\Cabs window, double-click the 7513331 folder.
6. In the C:\Cabs\7513331 window, from the Edit menu, click Select All.
7. From the Edit menu, click Copy.
8. Quit all programs and close all windows.
9. Place a blank, IBM formatted floppy disk in the floppy disk drive.
10. On your screen, double-click the My Computer icon.
11. In the My Computer window, double-click the A: icon.
12. In the A:\ window, from the Edit menu, click Paste. The files are copied to the floppy disk.
Performing the Update
1. Restart the computer with the disk in the floppy disk drive.
2. An Intel Flash Memory update utility screen appears. Press the ENTER key.
3. On the Main Menu screen, Update Flash memory area from a file is selected. Press ENTER.
4. On the Flash area screen, Update System BIOS is selected. Press ENTER.
5. On the Enter Path\Filename screen, press the DOWN ARROW key once to select P07-0013.BIO, and then press ENTER.
6. On the Confirm BIOS version information screen, select To continue with programming, and then press ENTER.
7. A "BIOS update is now in progress don't press any key or turn off the system at this time" message appears.
8. After the update is complete, eject the floppy disk, and then press ENTER. The computer restarts.
Note: If the computer does not automatically restart, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
9. While restarting, a "BIOS configuration" message may appear. If so, press the F1 key to enter the BIOS Setup Utility.
10. In the BIOS Setup Utility, press the F10 key, and then press ENTER to save and exit.
and ive done that but i have a feeling im doing something wrong