Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Counterstrike Problem

• Please log in to reply

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I took it to hardware.

Advertisements

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Maybe this will help you guys know my problem a little better. When I am playing a game (in this case Need for Speed Most Wanted, but also Counter-Strike) I get a blue screen error. Here is the error

***BLUE SCREEN ERROR***

A Problem has been detected and your Windows has been shut down to prevent further damage.

The problem seems to be caused by the follows files: nv4_disp.dll

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows Update you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS Memory options such as caching and shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart computer with Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000S0
(0XE3BEE0000x00000000
0xBF069175, 0x0000000)
*** nv4_disp.dll – Address
BF069175 base at BF012000, DateStamp 00000000

Beginning dumb of physical memory.

Physical Memory dumb complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

***BLUE SCREEN ERROR***

The blue screen error for Counter-Strike is very similar to this; however, instead of PAGE_FAULT_IN_NOPAGED_AREA ….. it is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL."

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Thanks for the help...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont install the newer forceware drivers that card is so old they havent made any driver revisions for it in years in fact some newer changes can cripple the allready very slow geforce 4 MX, try getting the older drivers see if that helps.

Although it does sound like you would be better just getting a better gfx card it really isnt up to playing NFS by a long way. Anything would be better even a cheapo PCI fx5500 (not that im reccomending one unless all you have is a PCI slot).

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I have a AGP slot. I don't know what a GFX card is. Is it a Geforce? Here is the one I bought on Monday, http://www.newegg.co...14130278#sctNav

$59.00
($49.00 after $10.00 Mail-In Rebate)
Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4[1 reviews]
Add item to Cart
eVGA 256-A8-N341-L2 Geforce 6200 256MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail

* Model #: 256-A8-N341-L2

It just got here today, and I am trying to figure out how to replace it, I have an onboard video card right now, its integrated.

Edited by Sk0rch, 10 March 2006 - 03:11 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Install the card then go into bios and disable the integrated and just follow the instructions to install drivers and such.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I installed the card, where is BIOS?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When you start the computer you get a splash screen, itll say something along the lines of press delete to enter bios(not neccesarily delete it varies).

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Okay, so after I get into BIOS, where do I go to disable this integration? Are you sure it didn't disable itself? After all, my monitor is plugged into the new card, not the integrated onboard video card.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
That doesnt really matter to much it can still cause conflicts as yes it may work out youve got something better but it might not and itll run the integrated in parralel im afraid youll have to rake around in there itll make itself obvious i dont know the excact bios and its to late to go check anything out.

Advertisements

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I went in there and I nearly messed up my PC. Can't you tell me where to look? I went under advanced and I saw something that said integrated, under IDE controller or something, it had both selected, and I put it to only primary IDE controller and to disable the secondary integrated one, after I did that and restarted, my pc wouldnt start, it said something about bootable floppy disk or some kind of error, so I tried to change things around but nothing world work, finally I fixed it by loading default settings.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I'm hearing this rattling inside my computer, I think it's the new video card. What should I do?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, IDE is your hard drive and optical drive connections i dont have your bios or any system with integrated handy to tell you just leave it if it doesnt cause a problem then but everything in there has logical names but if you cant work it out thats fine if it becomes a problem we can go and search for the manual and some screenshots to show you where.

Open it up and take a listen check if it is, make sure youve pushed it all the way in to the slot and its firmly secured check no wires are touching the fans(the biggest culprit).

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Okay, I don't hear any noises now. After replacing my video card, the first few days, CS worked great, I had 10-20 ping, now it is very laggy, I can feel the choppiness, with 45-90 ping. I don't understand, I replaced my video card and everything.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Which CS is this 1.6 or source this has been going on a while i cant remember, if its source go into console and the fps display command is net_graph 1 or net_graph 3 i think both work its to late to remember what is the exact one.

If the FPS is low there something gone wrong, questions are what have i done to make this happen(eg have you set it to high does setting it lower improve things again) or whats broken that needs fixing, have you checked out your HD and memory loss of performance on older systems that is hardware related will often come to temperature or HDD failure, PSU not being powerful enough also a possibilty.