Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Counterstrike Problem

• Please log in to reply

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
It's 1.6. I still lag, but then it goes away. And I occasionaly stilll get the blue screen error, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." It just appears much less.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

It's 1.6. I still lag, but then it goes away. And I occasionaly stilll get the blue screen error, "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." It just appears much less.

Put the video settings down low because that card isnt a extreme card or anything.

the driver_irql_not_less_or_equal can mean a bad memory stick, I have seen it before.

It could even be the onboard video clashing with the new one you just bought.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Yeah, CS is fine now, 95% of the time it runs normal. So if it's a bad "memory stick," how do I fix that? Also how do I not make it the onboard video not clash with the new one?

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
So are you going to tell me? And I still hear this rattling inside my PC, i think its the new video card. And also lately CS has still been randomly closing...

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
For some reason, I do not think this video card is performing well. What am I doing wrong?

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I get random lag spikes and FPS drops every half hour now.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
I've determined it's not a CS spike, because I get these random FPS droppages every half hour for a minute or two not just on CS, but on NBA Live 06, which is single player.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Is anyone going to help me .... ? It's been almost a month since I recieved help....

I still occasionaly get the blue screen error IRQLDRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL, I know it has to be my video card. Even though I replaced it and the errors are less frequent and I can actually play the game, the occasional FPS droppage and the occasional CS exiting out or the blue screen still bug me. Please help me fix it

Edited by Sk0rch, 08 April 2006 - 03:08 PM.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
.....Hello?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
its pretty clear that you are having compatbility issues. if you are running the later version of the nvidia drivers (77.xx or newer) then you must update your gart driver. that might resolve your issues. If your video card is installed in the agp slot then I highly recomend getting a newer video card. You will find that a 6600 or 6800 will perform much better than the one you currently have.

make sure your system has the most current bios.

.... one last thought. you have used some canned air to make sure the fans on your power supply, cpu, and video card are clean and free of dirt and other obstructions? It almost sounds like your system is overheating.

last if none of the above and previous resolves your issues then try reloading your pc from scratch and see what happens.

Advertisements

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
And since you said you didn't know how to defrag or even perform the most basic maintainence on a PC:

Defrag:
Do it every time you install a new game or other large program
My Computer - Right click your hard drive (or drives if you have more than one) - select Properties - go to the tab Tools - select Defragment Now - select a drive, select Defragment

Check disk:
Once a month is good
Just above Defragment in Properties. You will probably need to restart in order to use it.

Crap Cleaner:
This baby is a jewel for getting computers back up to speed. Run it once a week or so.
http://www.filehippo...nload_ccleaner/

If nothing else works, your RAM may be going bad. Does you computer crash at all during normal applications? i.e. music, Internet browsing, Trillian, AIM, Microsoft Office etc.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
JourneyMan, I have tried all that, and no my PC only crashes during gaming apps. I did not use canned air I used my mouth. And this video card I just bought like 3 weeks ago, no way my parents will let me buy a new one.

"its pretty clear that you are having compatbility issues. if you are running the later version of the nvidia drivers (77.xx or newer) then you must update your gart driver. that might resolve your issues. If your video card is installed in the agp slot then I highly recomend getting a newer video card. You will find that a 6600 or 6800 will perform much better than the one you currently have.

make sure your system has the most current bios."
Yeah I went into update in the video card options and I can't update any later than this, what is a gart driver? My video card is in the AGP slot, and I do not know how to check if it has the most current bios.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Sk0rch, 12 April 2006 - 05:31 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
if your chipset for your system is intel, then you will need to get intel's chipset drivers. If its VIA, then you will need via's 4-in-1 drivers. gart is the driverfor the agp slot.

Sk0rch

Sk0rch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Um I am guessing it intel since I have never heard of VIA before, how do I check what my "chipset" is?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
follow the instructions in this post: http://www.geekstogo...ecs-t88893.html after you post the log here then I can tell you what your system is running.