Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FrontPage Question

• Please log in to reply

tucow

tucow

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello,

I'm attempted to create a basic web site with a few text and pictures. The problem I running into is that when I save as index.htm it does not save my pictures, just text, but when I preview the pictures appear. What am I doing wrong.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there tucow, if you want to make a web page, the pictures should all be in one folder like this:

C:\Webpage\Pics\pic1.gif
C:\Webpage\Pics\pic2.gif
C:\Webpage\index.htm

Once you have put all the pictures together, delete all those that you have already put onto the page. And put the new pictures in (Where the directory is right) When you upload you page, make sure the pictures are uploaded to.

It is good to know a little about HTML, so when editing a .htm or .html, where is says eg. "C:\Webpage\Pics\pic1.gif" change it too "\Pics\pic1.gif"

cool :tazz:

tucow

tucow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
spike_hacker_inc:

Thank you for your reply and help.

Originally, it never create a folder with the pictures. Just a index.htm.

When I do the same procedure in Microsoft Publisher it does create a folder with the pictures.

Sorry for the bother.

Much appreciated.

Edited by tucow, 18 February 2006 - 11:13 AM.