Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XFX GeForce 7800 GT / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / SLI / Dual DVI / VIV

• Please log in to reply

UNC

UNC

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Im looking to buy this card at tigerdirect.com and it says it has dual dvi ports. So where do i connect my monitor cable if it has dual dvi ports ?

here is the link: http://www.tigerdire...9781&CatId=1560

Advertisements

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok i think i figured it out myself. Is this a card only for lcd monitors. If it is can you please tell me. Thank you. Also can you tell me if there is a video card that is crt and lce compatible?

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
WHAT'S IN THE BOX

* XFX GeForce 7800 GT Video Card
* User Manual
* Multi-Language Installation Guide
* XFX Driver CD
* Component Dongle
* 2 S-Video Cables
* Power Cable
* 2 DVI to VGA Adapters

That last entry is a couple of adapters so the DVI ports can plug into a standard monitor. This card is fine for your needs.

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

* XFX GeForce 7800 GT Video Card
* User Manual
* Multi-Language Installation Guide
* XFX Driver CD
* Component Dongle
* 2 S-Video Cables
* Power Cable
* 2 DVI to VGA Adapters
That last entry is a couple of adapters so the DVI ports can plug into a standard monitor. This card is fine for your needs.

Ok thanks, but how do i know if my power supply can handle everything i have. and how do i know that this card is compatible with my 20.1 " monitor

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well the monitor it will work with its not a specific thing it will work on whatever resolution and frequency you set it too so its as compatible as you make it.

PSU as long as the power is above its minimum and its a decent quality psu(as in not a nameless generic one) you are fine.

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Well the monitor it will work with its not a specific thing it will work on whatever resolution and frequency you set it too so its as compatible as you make it.

PSU as long as the power is above its minimum and its a decent quality psu(as in not a nameless generic one) you are fine.

my power supply is 300 w and it says its 12v with a current ratting of up to 19a, but the card required 350 w and 12v with current ratting of at least 20a. where can i find a power supply like that. Do you know if my power supply would handle that card.

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
get an Enermax 535 Watt one, they aren't cheap but they aren't expensive, just see what there is. 535 Watts is enough for any thing you throw at it except maybe X1900XTXs in crossfire lol. also take a look at Antec PSUs, they are good as well but Enermax are the PROS. it's like you know, AMD are the best and Intel are ok, won't kill but still not as good