Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a questions on my security...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

MattCharles

MattCharles

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
I was wondering if AOL Secuity is a good tool to have? Also, I do have Norton as well. Is it good to have a lot of spyware programs or should you just have one?

My last post nobody helped me, I am beginning to wonder about this site!

Also, I do have some spyware on my computer, AOL is blocking them but I want to remove them from my computer COMPLETELY. Can someone help me with that? :tazz:

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
norton is ussaly considered not to be a very good antivirus program. i dont realy know that much about aol security.

to get rid of the malware on your computer Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

you can also post your other questions there too.

MattCharles

MattCharles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

norton is ussaly considered not to be a very good antivirus program. i dont realy know that much about aol security.

to get rid of the malware on your computer Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

you can also post your other questions there too.

yeah, Norton does kinda suck now. I do not have the AOL well on it though, and it seems to be working good the AOL spyware. :)
Also, I DID post a HiJackThis log on the board and no one answered me. :tazz:

Here is the link:
http://www.geekstogo...topic=97481&hl=

thanks so much. :)

TheWorm

TheWorm

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
It's good to have multiple antispyware programs, but not antivirus programs. They will conflict and provide less protection, not more. For spyware programs, go for Ad Aware and Spybot. MS Antispyware is also not bad. As for antivirus, I recommend AVG free. If you have spyware, just follow the instructions in post 2.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
PLEASE allow up to 3-4 days for an awnser, you must be patient, your not the only one experiencing problems. We wish we could help EVERYONE out imidiatly however we are volunteer's with lives. Once again please be patient and someone will get to you. Should you slip through the cracks please post here. (if it hasn't been at least 3 days they'll just remove you post here however)
thanx
James

Edited by an Administrator to remove comments that were derogatory

Edited by Kat, 18 February 2006 - 12:29 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
The reason you were inadvertantly overlooked is due to your bumping of the thread. When we look for threads to reply to, we look for ones with no replies yet. Once someone starts bumping their own topic, it appears to us as though you're already being helped. :tazz:

Please do follow James' link and advice in the post above, and make a post in the Waiting Room. Someone will help you in short order from there. :)