Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't control Mouse

• Please log in to reply

iceebaby

iceebaby

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi need help with the new mouse I bought.

When I plugged it in the USB port of the laptop the pointer just keeps on bouncing on different areas of the screen. I can't seem to control where it should go. I've tried it on a PC but it works except when its on the laptop. Please help... I wonder if I there seems to be a conflict with the touchepad because when the USB mouse is on the touchpad occasionally acts weird too.

laptop is toshiba satellite and mouse is Creative Optical Mouse Lite (USB)

thanks!!!

Help! :tazz:

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Funny that you mention that, I recently had a similar problem when I switched the mouse (both PS/2). The problem was that the system was configured for the wrong mouse and there seems to be a difference (Microsoft vs. Logitech).

Make sure that you load the drivers for the mouse and select the mouse from the control panel.