Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Idiot needs help-Windows XP password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Barelyknow

Barelyknow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I booted up today, Adm screen came up.. password required to boot. Not sure how that happened yet, but no one but little ole me to make one.. anyway... I am not completely compter stupid, and for the life of me can't get the darn thing to boot. Nothing seems to work and I DO NOT need to reinstall at this time.
As most people, I have tons I can not afford to lose.
As last resort, called HP for support, but alas.. they suggested reinstall the hard drive.

What I HAVE done..(that didn't work)...
Booted in Safe Mode... no dice.. same password required thing.
Booted in Start Up.. nothing I could do from there.

Anybody got a clue as to how I can remove this thing and get on with my life?
Did someone or a virus get in and change things around?

Barelyknow aka Rett

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I totally understand your predicament, but unfortunately we cannot help you with this problem. Please understand, we have no way of knowing that you are legit with your problem, and that you aren't trying to hack into someone else's computer. That being said, I'm sure you ARE genuine. However, others who have bad intentions may come around in the future looking for a way to get around someone's password. If we give you the answer as to how to do this, we'd be helping someone else break the law eventually. :tazz:

Thanks for understanding our position in this matter. :)