Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

takbar splits in half

• Please log in to reply

hjd

hjd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My taskbar is unmanageable. It seems to have split in half. The quick launch toolbar appears on the bottom of my screen while the start button and running applications appear across the top of the screen. What am I doing? Thanks

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi there hjd and welcome ot Geeks To Go Forums.

Did you try draging the taskbar from the top to the bottom??? (Hold right click in while draging task bar to the bottom of the screen.)

Let me know :tazz:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 18 February 2006 - 12:51 PM.

hjd

hjd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for the welcome and the response! Yes I've tried dragging the taskbar. It will go to the bottom and join the quicklaunch toolbar. When i widen that bar horizontally upward the icons appear on the botton part of the screen with a gray empty toolbar section above. When I restart my computer the taskbar moves back to that strange split arrangement. This is just one of many annoying problems. Thanks

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

This is just one of many annoying problems

What other problems do you have??? Does your computer seem to be running slower than usuall???

coool :tazz: