Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtual memory low message

• Please log in to reply

pyotrr

pyotrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Not on the ones I have tried so far. Shall I delete them?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Yes, though the access denied bit will only show (if it is going to) when you click delete

pyotrr

pyotrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
OK Keith. Deleted them all. Now in recycle bin.

What shall I do now??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you reboot a couple of times, no rush, and the symantec files haven't caused a problem then you can remove them from the recycle bin

Consider using Tune Up from post 28 but be aware that disc clean up will remove the symantec files from the bin

pyotrr

pyotrr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
OK Keith. I have rebooted a couple of times. Appears OK so far but I haven't downloaded anything.

I will see how it goes before I decide to use Tune up.

Thanks for your help.

How will deleting those files improve or affect my computer??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Prefetch loads certain information about programmes to help windows load them quicker when needed, however, this information remains in the prefetch folder if you uninstall a programme, which would cause windows to take longer to load while it looks for the uninstalled programme(s) so clearing the prefetch folder would help

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot

The next few reboots will take longer while windows reloads the prefetch information for installed programmes, but the long term gain outweighs the short term loss of windows boot rate