1. I love Firefox. Only teenage complaint in this house is Yahoo Music. I'll work on that one later.
2. I pulled out an ancient computer in my daughter's closet (23 Windows updates) and was able to download my Swedish program with zero problems. Works perfectly. So that rules out being blacklisted by the Swedes! Unfortunately, the old computer takes 3 years to open Word, so I can't use it on a day-to-day basis.
3. This tells me that something must be blocking! And, I have done all I can do to the Windows Firewall, so that is not it.
4. I got rid of Spyad and Zoned Out. When reading their info I noticed they get their sites from Spyware Blaster and SpyBot anyway. If I need it, I can always re-download.
5. Is it something about this download and subsequent connection that is being blocked by Spybot?? I don't know how to disable it and hate to uninstall it.
6. When I try to connect to open the program, it tells me that the connection can't be found and it is shutting down. This program is free to download- just have to pay to get the password to access the actual files. (www.genline.com - GFF2)
8. I've spent hours on the phone trying to work with the US Sales rep. She has had me do all of the usual things with Windows Firewall.
Evidently the Swedish Techs are behind by about a week! They told her it had to be a firewall. So I am on my own at the moment. I paid over $330 for this and would like to use it! I don't know how to be a witch in Swedish...only English!
So, I am looking at Spybot at the moment as the main culprit. Is this possible?? Would some kind of a log or Hijackthis give you an idea of what my blocker is?