Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

All My Games Crash After 1-20 Minutes

• Please log in to reply

Sam-1990

Sam-1990

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello Guys,
Recently i have been having problems with playing games on my computer, it happened once before but i updated my graphics card and everything seemed to be fine. But know it seems to be back.

I Installed a game demo ( bloodrayne2 ) which i have no uninstalled. And after a few days of messing around with the game it started to crash to just a blue screen, no error message or anything, this then caused me to restart my computer. Then i realised it was not just this game it was also any other games i have on my computer.

So i decided to try update sound card & graphics card = No avail
Then i uninstalled both and re-installed latest drivers = No avail
Tried unoffical graphics card drivers (www.omegadrivers.net ) = No avail

All that the above did was cut down the time i had to play on games, before i would get 10-15 minutes gameplay before it crashed. Now its almost instant as the game is loaded it crash's.

What can i do !? Please dont make this a hardware problem as ive had alot of problems before and my computers been running perfectly for 4-6 months since it was built and i ironed out all small problems.

Also, i dont know if this will help but everytime my game crashed i looked at event viewer to find on nearly 100% of all the crash's the problems was this :

Posted Image

I asked it to search microsoft for help with this problem, but it didnt find anything.

Anyway, you'll probably need to no my computer specs:

Shuttle SN25P
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.00Ghz
1GB of corsair professional pc3200 RAM
40GBHDD
Radeon X800 GTO 256mb

UPDATE : I tried to play a game exiting, MSN, ATI TRAY, ENVY sound, which are background tasks in the task bar. I had thought this had fixed the problem. But soon after 30 minutes i realised it had not, but this made the game last longer

Thank you for any help you can give...

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

download and install then run Mike Lin's start up control panel, then uncheck atitray

Reboot.

I do not think this is the issue, though

More likely, you have too much heat...have you cleaned out the fans on your case, motherboard, videocard lately?

Sam-1990

Sam-1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No, never really go into it. I did make it thou from scratch. and i looked in today to make sure all fans were working. didnt seem too messy

btw ive downloaded the software, theres no atitray to uncheck, allthough there is the ATI program. Should i uncheck them ?

Edited by Sam-1990, 18 February 2006 - 02:54 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what ati program?

Sam-1990

Sam-1990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
its ok, i disbaled everything that mentioned ATI, and it works now! :tazz: Thanks alot

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Gerryf, just wanted to thank you for that awesome link. Those lil utilities are genious!