Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE not able to open Java script pages?

• Please log in to reply

pudgy7

pudgy7

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly, I'm not too computer savvy. I have Java sun on my computer and Java is enabled in IE why am I having problems? I can't even sign into my website to update it, I can't play Yahoo chess or anything like that either, is this a simple fix or is there something major, I run Adaware, spybot, Avast, Counterspy(which isn't working). Is there another spy/malware program I need? Thanks in advance for any help! God bless!

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hey pudgy7, welcome to geeks to go!!! :)
umm...your topic for this thread says javascript, but you dont refer to it in your post. :tazz:, are you refering to an issue with java or javascript, there is a difference.

the things you are talking about seem to be related to flash, most games no a days are flash. if you could please update your falsh driver that whould let us rule out a lot of things.
thanks.

pudgy7

pudgy7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello Mile runner and thanks for the welcome and reply. I was trying to do my taxes online and several of the sites I tried said that Java was not enabled on my computer but everything I've checked is enabled. I also get this error a lot "HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)" ? I'm not sure of the difference between Java and Javascript? I am updating my flash player and I'll see if that helps. I was hit pretty hard with viruse just recently so things might still be screwed up. Also when I try to go to a website I built for my family, the web address changes in the search bar from this "http://renshawfamily...eeservers.com/" to this "http://mysitetoolbar...bar=1&logout=1" Is this a spyware or something? I'm getting frustrated because I have so many programs for spyware and adware but I still feel like I'm getting buried with them. Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
ok, here is what i think we should do, lets first have you head over to the malware forum, Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

you may have some malware on your computer, but also tell them about the virus you had a short time ago, i just want to make sure you got out all of it, any piece that is left could be a problem.

pudgy7

pudgy7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello again, I've done s few things mentioned in the malware forum. I cannot access anything that has java script on it or is running java script? When I try to access a page with java script, my java sun comes up and says "error" I think it's something wrong with IE 5.5? Any other ideas? I didn't find any spyware or malware? Thanks again.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
that's not javascript, that's java. there's a distinct difference between the 2 languages. you need to go to http://java.sun.com/ to download and install the newest version of the java runtime. It is on the right side of the home page, under popular downloads. If you have trouble after installing that, then post back here.

pudgy7

pudgy7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello and thanks for your reply. I went to the site but I don't know what to download, I run windows ME and it looks like the upgrades are for other windows programs? I checked my add/remove programs and I have the j2se runtime environment update 6 on there? Do I need something else, thanks again.

pudgy7

pudgy7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Internet explorer script error is a message I keep getting?