Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New power supply

• Please log in to reply

UNC

UNC

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi i have this computer: http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1134696772636
and i was just wondering what power supply upgrade would i need to buy, because im buying a new video card and it says it needs a minimum of a 350 watt power supply and mine is only 300 W. How do i know if the new power supply i buy will fit into my computer and if it is compatible with all my pci ports and my pci express port. Or if it is compatible with my hard drives and my dvd drive and dvd burner. If anyone can help me with this, I would be very happy. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You may be able to get away with the 300w supply you have now, although as its an HP machine, most likely not.

From the pictures it looks like its a standard sized unit so any other standard size PSU will fit. Look for at least 400w if not more.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I love this PS. A dual fan, 20 pin and 4pin connector, 9 molex 4pins on 3 sets of wires, 2 floppy connectors, 2 Sata connectors, and a 3 pin fan connector. Plus i find it will run a athlon 64 that a cheap 500W PS i have won't run without crashing. Might not be good for overclocking as i usually don't try that.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817153023

SRX660