Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

skype for knoppix

• Please log in to reply

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
is it posible to run skype off a knoppix live cd and if so which version should i download and how do i install it

thanks

Advertisements

polopolo

polopolo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I think it's not posibble (sorry for me english) to add skype on knoppix.
Maby you can use kanotix, there is add kanotix.

Josiah

Josiah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
sorry, i am a newbee in lunix which package do i get, than how do i install it

Edited by Josiah, 21 February 2006 - 03:49 PM.

Xstyr

Xstyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
There are many other LiveCD's that you can make yourself. Doing this on windows im not sure of, but Skype will have to be put in on your behalf by u or Skype. Because Skype is not part of open source and is unlikely to be avabile on a Live CD anyway.
Installing... I think that is impossible, if you think about it, were would it save it?? Thats why knoppix has so many proggrams already.
If you look on google, you might be able to find a 'online' VOIP proggram, (Voice over IP(basically interent language)).
If your still out of luck, install LInux on your PC (then download/install it) , dont worry, you won't have to get rid of windows!! (*try mandriva, its got a very easy installer and asks you to use free space on windows!) *mind you, it would be a good idea to run scan disc, fragment and this comand in Comand Promt "chkdsk c:" *minus the quotes*.

sorry about the long read :tazz: , but apart from that, i dont think you can.

Xstyr

Josiah

Josiah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
thanks so much, i thought as much