Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FTP software error

• Please log in to reply

Lloyd_J

Lloyd_J

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Every time I try to connect to a website with Smart FTP and every time I start up Cute FTP it says that the action could not be completed because the applicaiton is being used by another program.

Does this meen my FTP port is being used by another program or is there another reason for it?

Lloyd

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you trying to run a smart ftp session and a cuteftp session at the same time? if so, why? with cuteftp you can go into the program and have it launch multiple sessions.

Lloyd_J

Lloyd_J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
No I am only trying to open one at a time, and I am only connecting to one server. I know the problem is not server side. The error message gives me an option to "switch to the busy program" or to "retry" to open to the program I tried to open.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you running windows xp sp2? are you having any other strange problems? Pop up windows for example?

Lloyd_J

Lloyd_J

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yes I am running Windows XP SP2, but I am not having any problems with pop ups. I was a few days ago but I've managed to sort these out.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Lloyd, I think we are still fighting some spyware problems. I suspect that maybe we have something interfering with the network connection (lop infection lends to that idea). Anyway I pm'd Didom to have him look at this thread. It appears that the process isn't quite completed yet.

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Let's first clean your complete system! You are almost clean.

If the problems still exists after i gave you my prevention speech post back here please!