Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe problems.....

• Please log in to reply

deadlock

deadlock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i was surfing the other day when i guess i must have accidentally clicked a pop up or something and something installed silntly and blah blah blah i ran spybot S&D got rid of all that it said was there and then i restarted and from there i got the explorer.exe error, i dont know the codes or anything but when i log on it has the desktop whick i cannot interact with at all no task bar or anything, so naturally i assumed that a restore to previous date would fix it so i did so and now i do not get the error but simply get the desktop which i cannot use....i can use the task manager to open some programs but from there nothing else.... any help would be greatly appreciated in the matter...
BTW im running a pre-loaded windows xp home, on a Acer travelmate 2300 laptop...i have the cds and everything, thanks for help

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.