Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Shuts down and restarts with no warning

• Please log in to reply

kneehuggers

kneehuggers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
When I tried to install the driver download, this is the error message I received: This display driver is not compatible with the display adapter(s) installed in your system.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ok, try these

http://support.dell....=1&fileid=37500

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
Since Gerryf is back on board I will leave you with him.
Did you delete the mini dump and and sysdata files?

Oh, also I forgot, If I remember correctly, the day this started to happen or shortly before, Windows SP2 was downloaded.

Gerryf I wonder if it is our old mate that was one of the update files (can't find the number )
kb97711? it caused a lot of problems.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
That only adversely impacted win98 and winme, it actually worked for windows xp

Funny you should mention that, I had not seen that problem in a loooong time, and then last week I had a call on a winme machine, and yep, it was the little beast causing half the trouble