Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOW to remove AZESEARCH

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

coolcool

coolcool

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HOW to remove AZESEARCH please helf

Advertisements

coolcool

coolcool

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

View Post

how to remove azesearch toolbar thanks

DarKanE

DarKanE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks...

r3ven

r3ven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem, and none of my spyware tools worked. But, go to majorgeeks, where you will find instructions that will remove the culprit.
http://forums.majorg...isplay.php?f=35
It takes a while to do it, and you MUST follow the instructions exactly, or you might find yourself in bigger trouble! Even if i followed the instructions correctly, i managed to find these three little pigs manually:
windows\system32\azesearch.bmp
windows\system32\azesearch.ocx
windows\system32\azesearch.xml
Good luck! Fred H. :tazz:

amitavbanerjee

amitavbanerjee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have had the same problem, and none of my spyware tools worked. But, go to majorgeeks, where you will find instructions that will remove the culprit.
http://forums.majorg...isplay.php?f=35
It takes a while to do it, and you MUST follow the instructions exactly, or you might find yourself in bigger trouble! Even if i followed the instructions correctly, i managed to find these three little pigs manually:
windows\system32\azesearch.bmp
windows\system32\azesearch.ocx
windows\system32\azesearch.xml
Good luck! Fred H.  :tazz:

View Post

Along with the above, I would recommend you to run regedit from Start Menu -> Run and search for the following string

{FFF5092F-7172-4018-827B-FA5868FB0478}

You will find 4-5 entries of the same. Please delete all these entries from the registry.

One more problem that you might face is unable to delete azesearch.ocx You need to restart your computer in the "safe mode command prompt only" mode and go into c:\windows\system32 and use the DOS del command to remove it. In case you are using NT / 2000 / 2003 the file will be found in c:\winnt\system32

Hope your problem gets rectified.

Amitav

amitavbanerjee

amitavbanerjee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Along with the above, I would recommend you to run regedit from Start Menu -> Run and search for the following string

{FFF5092F-7172-4018-827B-FA5868FB0478}

You will find 4-5 entries of the same. Please delete all these entries from the registry.

One more problem that you might face is unable to delete azesearch.ocx You need to restart your computer in the "safe mode command prompt only" mode and go into c:\windows\system32 and use the DOS del command to remove it. In case you are using NT / 2000 / 2003 the file will be found in c:\winnt\system32

Hope your problem gets rectified.

Amitav

hogeyrashnaw

hogeyrashnaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys im new to this and im having alot of trouble with removing the azesearch toolbar. Thad be great if i could get some help 4 that. Thanks

hogeyrashnaw

hogeyrashnaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all i just downloaded spybot s&d it worked and deleted all the problems i would reccomend it to andone having problems with azesearch or other malignant s*** :tazz:

morrowind

morrowind

• Pip
  • 1 posts

View Post

i have an another simple method.

as we know, the location of the file (azesearch.ocx ) is c:\windows\system32

so you can run this :

regsvr32 /u azesearch.ocx

that's ok

remover101

remover101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For my experien with this fu**** program of s*** (azesearch, gdam how make those that I kill them), I finaly use Hijack this and it did work very well.

I used spyware doctor and spysoft and they didnt do a s***.

mofackie1

mofackie1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ATTENTION!!

I just picked this stupid thing up today. And like many of you I am scrambling around trying to get rid of it.

What worked for me was to go to:
c:\windows\regedit.exe\HKEY_LOCAL_MACKINE\SOFTWARE. then just delete the AZESEARCH folder and viola. GOOD LUCK! :tazz:

JEMY

JEMY

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guy's

i have read your advices on how to remave azesearch , you are realy great
but i beleave that all your efforts should be made to gether step by step in order
to get rid of azesearch , infact i have tried it in this way and it realy worked , so
i would like to mention it here hopefully someone might need's it :

1- start/run then write regedit
2- highlite my computer then click on edit then click find
3- search for ( azesearch ) and delete any entry corresponding to it
4- after you delete it all , search for this value and then delete too
the value is ( {FFF5092F-7172-4018-827B-FA5868FB0478}
5- then close the registry menu and go to my computer icon , open it and then click on search tab , and earch for azesearch , you will find three files :

azesearch.bmp
azesearch.ocx
azesearch.xml

delete it all with no doubt , and thats it .

important note for xp users : always make your pop-up blocker on to avoid geting problems like aze or other spywares or home page hijackers .

how to activate the pop-up blocker :

Pop-up Blocker is on by default. You should only need to turn it on if someone has turned it off.

On the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker.
Click Turn on Pop-up Blocker

take care ,,, jemy from saudi arabia

reddonkey

reddonkey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i also had the same problem of azesearch installing itself on mp pc but i did a full system scan with Ad-Aware SE Personal then delete the findings of the search it has done the job for me ...hope it helps [COLOR=blue]

Jonzo

Jonzo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) AZESEARCH :tazz:

Thank you for all the gtreat tips, I think I may have beat it!!! ;)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
This topic is closed,
Using any of the above methods you do so at your own risk,

If you should need help in removing AZESEARCH or any other infections,

Please run through all the steps outlined in this Topic
Post a log in a new topic started by you please