Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iPod Confusion

• Please log in to reply

rel351

rel351

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi. I am not completely sure if this is the right place for this post (either- hardware or malware...), but I saw another iPod post, so I think that it may be. Something is wrong with my iPod, and my friend (completely guessing) said that I downloaded a virus. It doesn't seem odd to me to have done so, maybe by downloading a song with a virus and then putting it onto my iPod? I am not sure, but I have tried resetting my iPod and doing other things as the apple website suggested, but it still has the sad face...If I have a virus, how do I get rid of it? If not, what do you think it can be, and how would I get rid of that?
Also, when I plug it into my computer/etc. to charge, the apple logo comes on, the sad face, and finally, the charging icon, but the charging icon is usually animated showing that it is charging, but it seems frozen now. Then, the apple logo appears again. It, also, does not show that it is plugged into my computer when I plug it in with my USB cable. I've tried different computers and USB cables.

Thanks. I know very little about computers, hardware, etc...as you can tell.

Edited by rel351, 18 February 2006 - 07:49 PM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
lol. sad ipods mean that the hd is broke. is it within warranty?

rel351

rel351

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Not the Apple Warranty, since I bought it late 2004...but I purchased a Best Buy Warranty, which I believe was for 2 years. Should I just get it replaced/repaired there, then?

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
yeah, I think best buy does replacements on their warranty? not sure, but its good for something anyway.

rel351

rel351

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
okay great :-]i'll go tomorrow.

thanks so much!