Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

runtime error 216 at 016838AE

• Please log in to reply

dietrich1

dietrich1

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Greetings everyone. I am getting this error after I shut down IE. I first get an error that says something about memory not being read. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
How long have you had this error, i c that you have posted in the mlware forum in the past however after looking around a bit it seems like this is caused by a virus. Do you suspect that you might ahve been reinfected?
thanx
James

Edit: next time you get that error please right it down because i don't think that the 016838AE part of the error isn't right because vertually nothing is coming up when i enter this.

Edited by james_8970, 18 February 2006 - 09:53 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
double post(ignore)

Edited by james_8970, 18 February 2006 - 09:54 PM.

dietrich1

dietrich1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
K, will do. Thanks for the help. I did some looking too, and after running several freeware reg fixes, it has seemed to go away. If it come back, I will get all of the error messages and post them here. Thanks again!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
k good stuff
thanx
James