Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot print in "outlook express"

• Please log in to reply

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
My grandparents PC is having a few issues and it won't let them print anything in Outlook Express. The printer works fine and Microsoft Word and stuff but for some reason has just stopped the ability to print e-mails. I know you could always copy and paste but I would like to fix this problem and also know why it occured...

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
have you actually tried print any other documents?
thanx
James

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

have you actually tried print any other documents?
thanx
James

Like I said, the printer works fine because you can print documents and such but for some reason it has stopped responding when you try to print e-mails...

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
sry missed that, and i'll look into it.
James

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok have you grandparents gotten a new printer recently?
thanx
James

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

ok have you grandparents gotten a new printer recently?
thanx
James

No; had this one since they got their computer about 2 years ago. Everything was fine until now...

Thanks again

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok, check if they changed there settings by accident. Make sure that the printer that's on hilighted on outlook express matches the one that they have, or make sure there is one there all together. To do so do the following, open a new message file->print->find printer c heck if its the right one, if not click "add printer".
thanx
James

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

ok, check if they changed there settings by accident. Make sure that the printer that's on hilighted on outlook express matches the one that they have, or make sure there is one there all together. To do so do the following, open a new message file->print->find printer c heck if its the right one, if not click "add printer".
thanx
James

There is no "find Printer" in outlook express, I cant find it, lol...

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lol , open a new message or one that has already been sent. then go file->print->find printer, its there on mine. I can do a print screen if you like.
thanx
James

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

lol , open a new message or one that has already been sent. then go file->print->find printer, its there on mine. I can do a print screen if you like.
thanx
James

Please do so because it is not showing on mine

Advertisements

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I had another thread about my outlook express not printing e-mails but I also have more problems that need attending to...

First of all, IE has many problems. I use firefox but IE is needed for some things and I read that the reason my Outlook does not print e-mails is because they IE and Outlook Express must be both different versions. So, I decided to install service pack 2 and install new outlook express and IE but when I click at http://www.microsoft...xp/default.mspx , nothing happens. Also when I try and click on Scan your PC over at http://www.pandasoft.../activescan.htm , nothing happens as well. When I try to click on it using Firefox, a pop-up comes up saying it requires IE to run the scan...

I was going to re-install Windows XP by performing an in place re-installation but it says that the Windows version I am running now is newer than the version on the CD! I tried to download the IE 6 setup and run that as well to just re-install IE and Outlook Express, however when I try to run the setup it says that my current IE version is more up to date than the version in the setup!

Please help me! My grandparents really want this fixed and would like to be able to print e-mails from Outlook Express because when they click PRINT, nothing happens! The printer is fine however because it prints word documents and such!

Thanks!

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Let's see what is running on your machine:

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Post the hijack this log in THIS THREAD. I will move it after you post it.

Luebeck_Family

Luebeck_Family

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Let's see what is running on your machine:

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Post the hijack this log in THIS THREAD. I will move it after you post it.

I already have a Hijack This log posted where somebody is helping me remove all the junk that shouldn't be on my PC

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You need to wait to get that all cleaned up. The malware may be connected to this problem. :tazz:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
k never thought about malware, i'll help you out in the other post along with coach wife once the malware is removed :tazz: , but i think coach wife will be able to take it from there. Also just a note you shouldn't double post.
thanx
James