Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

G2G not working sometimes

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yup, that's normal. Look over to the left a couple of columns, and you'll see "[Reached Destination]geek13.gtghosting.com."

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I have no clue what that link is or does,

it's an online tracert (trace route) it counts the hops (routers) that a packet hits on it's trip to the destination...it's the same as going to start > run > cmd > tracert www.geekstogo.com

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I always seem to have problems around midnight or so (but also during the day sometimes)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

it's an online tracert (trace route) it counts the hops (routers) that a packet hits on it's trip to the destination...

...and the trace route identifies if the problem is somewhere along the network, or at the server. :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I just now couldn't get here for a few minutes, but when I went to the dnsstuff tracert link, it said [Reached Destination]geek13.gtghosting.com

/me shrugs

Couldn't access with FF or IE.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm going to point the server admin this way -- see if he has any ideas or suggestions to diagnose this further.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yeah! :) Good news! Looks like we have it figured out. :)

Bad news, the fix is being a little stubborn, so it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Many thanks to our server admin extraordinaire (The Butler) for sticking with me tonight and figuring out the problem. :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Awesome! :) :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Should be resolved. :tazz:

If any access problems continue, please reply here.

aerostarlegacy

aerostarlegacy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Wow, look how far my post came!
I have had a lasting influence on G2G!
My life is now complete, I can die satisfied

Aerodude out

Advertisements

DeviousTrap

DeviousTrap

systems administrator

• Community Leader
  • 5,649 posts
Unfortunately the problem appears to have come back. We're investigating the cause and should have it all set soon.

Regards,
Your Butler

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Clicking the link in a "Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( Geeks to Go Forums )" e-mail gives me a server not found each time, but clicking the Retry button gets me right to GTG on first try.

Ron
Georgia

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Resolved! :tazz:

flashh4

flashh4

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Not sure if you are still interested but i could not log on to GTG for 2 days, till last night. After running CleanUp my problem was solved immediately. After asking around the net most comments seem to be something was wrong with a tracking cookie or the cache!