Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer script error,HP says it's the PC

• Please log in to reply

mgk222

mgk222

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hy everyone,just found about this site this morning,have been to another fix it site that has been good to me but no body seems to be able to help me with this one.So,here we go.
I am running windows 98SE,I run AVG daily plus adaware and sybot.My windows updates are up to date and I have gone into control panel and IE and hit repair IE it says all is fine....

.I just got done with HP online support for the past couple of hours.They seemed very helpful except I still have a problem..We went thru several steps to make sure i had the correct USB devices loaded all drivers are ok ,made sure I DL a Microsoft update,made sure that JVM was working.I DL the HPC2175 all in one printer again but now have the hanging problem back.If I try to use config properties and hit APPLY or OK,it will just hang till CNTRL ALT DELETE it,also if I try to get into the control panel it takes a long time IF my printer is DL,which at this time it is again for the 3rd time.also when I turn my PC off I must always wait to hit end task ,then my PC will shut right down.IIIWhen the printer is not DL,My PC will turn right off and no hanging occurs. Also If I click on the HP DIRECTOR icon an error comes up from from internet explorer script error.It says the error is:library not registered.Now this is the problem that seems to go along with the hanging up of functions.HP says the printer is fine and that it is the operating system.They said to get 98SE,but I already have it,that is what i am running. If I uninstall ALL the HP stuff I can find ,my PC runs just fine.The printer did work when I first got it in September from HP.Lets see if you guys got anything on this.Thanx.....All my spyware is up to date.I also have DL wsript 5.6.

My printer is hp psc 2170 series..For some reason I cannot copy the error message that appears on my screen,but I have saved it as an attachment somhow, that I can email to someone and mabey they can get it to appear on my screen.Any questions, I will be happy to try and answer..Thanx..

Advertisements